- News and Announcements -

Follow us on Twitter! - Become a Fan!

1/26/10

Morning Mayhem

My boyfriend had a side job this morning, and thus left me behind to snooze warmly in my bed while he went off to sweat and slave for a couple dollars. I was having a very comfortable snooze, when Edgar came onto the scene to crash the party.

He bounced back and forth from window to window, hollering at the top of his lungs in an all out effort to rouse me... and it worked admirably I might add. Now awake and more than a little annoyed, I trudged around the room trying to find the source of Edgar's distress - and found nothing.

Hands thrown up in frustrated defeat, I went downstairs to the bathroom. The subsequent pattering of cat feet followed immediately, and Edgar came sprawling into the bathroom before I could close the door. Too groggy to care, I began to take care of my morning toiletries - and was interrupted every five seconds by the intrusion of cold cat nose, whining cries, the touch of a furry body rubbing on me fervently and without any sort of shame whatsoever.

He had food in his bowl, and fresh water readily at hand, and the litter was clean, so I was at a loss entirely as to what could possibly be the matter with my deranged feline. I even resorted to petting and coddling for several minutes, which was met with stellar approval. But, the day must go on, and I was forced to go upstairs, get dressed, and come back down for some coffee and toast.

I, of course, was wary coming down the stairs as I usually am... for lurking in the darkness was the devil himself, and I cautiously peered into Edgar's favorite hiding spot. I found him crouched low in a pouncing position, thus I knew I was about ready to scream and/or run for my life. POUNCE! He lunged at my face like a striking cobra and I flailed, ducking and covering my face in desperation.

When I peered through the cracks of my fingers Edgar was calmly staring at me as if I were the crazy one, and not the psychopath who had just tried to latch onto my head like Velcro.

How was your morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment